Have you ever wished for a kid-friendly coffee shop?
Creative Habitat is pretty close, though instead of coffee, we serve "focused time and space" for busy moms to refuel while their kids participate in engaging play. We also have free coffee!
Our new coworking space is centrally located right next to the DSM Children's Museum at the Valley West Mall.
- Imagine a quiet space to collect your thoughts, focus on a creative project, read or write while your kids are involved in engaging play.
- Imagine a space where creative energy flows and you are able to relax and develop your vision.
- Imagine a space where Mother Nature meets mother nurture where you are encouraged to pursue and develop your God-given creativity in a nurturing environment.
- Imagine a space where you are not responsible for cleaning up.
- Imagine work space for you and play space for your kids all under the same roof.
- Imagine never being late where you can come as you are, when you are ready.
- Imagine a supportive community of other moms who all understand your need to create and play with the idea that has been mulling around in your mind for the past few months.
- Now, imagine the gift of time you can offer a friend who could also benefit from this “focus space” while you stay with the kids next door at the DSM Children’s Museum. When you “Play it Forward”, you will allow her a mommy break to refresh, refuel, and tap into her creative gifts or simply just be. Maybe she’ll turn around and do the same for you! This program was designed to help moms support one another. It takes a village to raise a child and it also takes a village to support a mom. We do both at Creative Habitat, where we encourage moms to…
Play it Forward in 3 easy steps...
1) Get One, Give One
One punch card provides 10 hours of focused time in our coworking space designed by moms for moms. Get one, give one and “Play it Forward” one punch card at a time!
2) Write a Note Inside
When is the last time someone slipped a hand-written note in your car or your purse? Play it forward and surprise a friend with a hand-written note letting her know you want to support her. It just might make her day, her week, and possibly her month!
3) Schedule a Play Date!
Creative Habitat “Play it Forward” hours start June 11th and run through August 15th on the following days:
Depending on how many moms use our new space this summer, we may extend our hours. Before scheduling your “Play it Forward” play date, check our website and Facebook page to see additional hours. Also, we hold a monthly Mother Board meeting the second Tuesday of the month from 9:30-10:30 so “Play it Forward” hours are 11-12:30 the following dates 7/9 and 8/13. You can learn more about The Mother Board and other events held at Creative Habitat on our Facebook page.
Creative Habitat is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All proceeds are used to build and grow our programs to serve more central Iowa families.